Ethic’s & Sustainability

Ethical Sourcing

It’s extremely important to us that we only craft the most ethical jewellery possible. At Guthrie’s we ensure all of our diamonds are sourced ethically and are totally free from any conflict. All of our diamonds are sourced through suppliers who have continuously maintained ethical standards and have full transparency in their sourcing.

All of our diamonds can be traced from mine to consumer through various processes such as the Kimberly Process. The Kimberly Process, in partnership with the diamond industry as a whole is aligned with Governments around the world, and other organisations to uphold these standards.

Our diamonds are sourced from many places such as Africa & Canada and provide livelihoods for many people around the world, a large portion of the proceeds from this are also invested back into the communities from where they are sourced.

We are very proud to say, we only supply the most ethical jewellery possible. We know it’s important to you that no one was harmed in the making of your item, so we are continuously looking at ways we can advance this further.

Sustainability

Diamonds & Gemstones

Mining is a difficult industry to practice sustainability. Unfortunately, there currently is no method to mine diamonds in a carbon neutral way. To combat this we use carbon offsetting in the form of planting Native Trees in New Zealand.

Our Gold & Platinum

80% of the gold and platinum we use is from the existing supply. Gold is refined from many different sources and this allows the jewellery industry to greatly reduce its impact. Of the remaining 20% of gold, 90% of this is mined in the South Island of New Zealand.

The remaining 10% is made up of the gold that goes into our clasps and earring backs and similar findings, most of which are made in Italy. Guthrie’s works with these suppliers to ensure the best practices are implemented through the production process.

Get In Touch

Let us Walk you Through Your Options.

Get In Touch

Visit Our Studio

Visit our Newmarket Studio Today.

Our Location

Enter Your Search Query Below

Press enter to submit your search.

We're Here To Help

It's a big decision, we're always happy to answer your queries. Simply complete the form below and one of our friendly team will be in touch.

Your Details

How Can We Help?